Total Pageviews

Friday, August 19, 2022

She's Flying the Coop

Well, I was an idiot again. I didn't think this empty nest syndrome was going to affect me because my daughter is very independent, has lived with her dad for four years, and is going to the college where I work. I am already seeing more of her than I have in four years. So I just didn't think packing her up and moving her into her residence hall would affect me. 

But, it is affecting me. Empty nest syndrome is real. And I will be okay. 

My cognate in my doctoral work is in Student Development. I studied under brilliant professors in the field like Dr. Michele Welkner and Dr. Molly Schaller.  We read Kegan and Baxter-Magolda. I wrote about Self Authorship a ton for my dissertation. And I helped write the Residential Curriculum for the college I work for and it has three points - one of which is authorship. So I know a bit about this idea. And I am an author who teaches writing.

It is time now to let my baby fly and get her wings and author her own story. Now I know why my own mother prays so much. :) 

Wish us luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment