Total Pageviews

Friday, August 12, 2022

Besties

So I have been single for about five years, after being with my husband for like 21 years or something. It has been a ride. I have had a ton of fun. Too much. But one thing that has gotten me through is my group of friends. 

So I have the best friends. I don't really know what I would do without them. They are there for me through thick and thin. They don't judge. They just love me unconditionally. And for that I am so blessed. 

See, I think I have been looking at this all wrong. I like am a romatic at heart. I have always looked for this person "to complete me." I want and still want for real a Mr. Darcy, but I instead always end up with Heathcliffs or worse Wickhams.  But one thing I have learned, is that I am a full person on my own, and I don't need anyone else to complete me. I have a very full and complete life, with three beautiful children with whom I really enjoy spending time. I don't need a person to complete me. My life is beyond complete. I have a hard time keeping up with it a lot of days. 

What I do need are real friends: people who see me at my worst and love me anyway. People who don't get jealous when I am at my best either. People who celebrate my success and mourn my losses. And thank God, I have these. Some are in my family and have  been my lifelong friends. Some are from my old neighborhood. One was the best friend I ever made on Craig's List when she rented my home. Some have adopted me into their own neighborhood, where I have actually never lived. Most though, are from my church. And I have some very special people from my work. And those of you from Michigan or college, this is why I love Facebook. We are still together daily. 

Anyway, I just want you all to know that I feel very blessed if you call me your friend. I could not make it through life without you. You complete me :).  And as I get older and now am rewatching The Golden Girls for its brilliance -- Thank you for being a friend. And yes, I am like Blanche's age. Long Live Blanche Deveraux! 

No comments:

Post a Comment