Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Day Yoga Studio Ayurvedic Massage

So I had a lucky weekend. A few things happened. One was that Devon Schmidt of Day Yoga Studio needed volunteers for a class she teaches in Dayton, Ohio. I got one of two spots and had an Ayurvedic Massage on Sunday. It was very healing and spiritual. Thank you Devon and Team. I feel the Divine Feminine in your shop and business. I hope it brings you all many blessings as you work to heal people holistically. 

I have gotten a few massages in my life. Honestly, I am not a huge fan all of the time. I am kinda old fashioned, so it is always kinda awkward to have anyone touching me. And deep tissue massages although sometimes do feel great, sometimes they don't. But this massage was totally not like that. I have been going through a ton of stress lately, so I just thought, hey this might help me, and it really did. 

An Ayurvedic Massage is four handed, so there were two women working on me. They started with my feet and worked all the way up to my head and hair. I had to wear my hair down actually. They put Sesame Oil from my toes to my crown. And they worked in unison on both sides of my body. It was not a deep tissue massage at all. It was more a cleansing and healing one. They did repetitions, for example fanning out the massage in an area, in either units of ten or three. They did tickle my toes a bit at the beginning, but I am ticklish.  They even put the Sesame Oil in my crazy, curly, Irish hair, which if you know it, could always use some oil.  First, I laid on my stomach and put my head through the face holder thing at the end of the table. Then I flipped over about half way through. The second part also they worked on my stomach and digestive health.  The entire massage took about sixty minutes, but I walked out feeling so healthy and rejuvenated. They also had me put oil in my nose. Oil is a big part of Ayurvedic Massage I learned. I definitely felt that these women were helping not only my body, but also my spirit and my soul. 

Day Yoga Studio is just a gem. It was my first time there, but it won't be my last. Many of my friends take Yoga and Hot Yoga there. A few friends have taught there. Devon also takes Yoga trips across the globe. What an incredible business in Dayton, Ohio. It is on Brown Street near the University of Dayton. It is one of the old fashioned Dayton homes turned business. The massage room is my favorite color - purple - like a purply blue. You are covered by sheets and blankets the entire time, so that made me feel very comfortable. The sheets were very soft. It was warm in there, like a mother's love.

All in all, this was one of the luckiest events of my life. Thanks Devon and Day Yoga Studio! Namaste. The Divine Feminine is apparent in this business model and only karmic benefits should follow with the love you are putting in the Universe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment