Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2022

God Provides

So I have a diagnosed and managed anxiety disorder. I am not alone in this. I know many of my students do also. Hey - I think if you don't have one these days, you are pretty lucky - it is kind of an anxious time. Can't blame us for being human. 

But one thing  that I have learned in my 49 years on this planet is that somehow, no matter what your situation, God provides. It always somehow works out. So why do we stress? Let it go. Just let that stress go. It will work out my friend. I usually does. And if it doesn't, then it wasn't meant to be and God has a better plan for you. 

See this is something I am learning still, but God's time is not our time. But both God's planning and timing are way better than ours.  

I have heard the saying that anxiety is fearing the future, and depression is living in the past. I think there is some truth in that statement (sorry I do not know to whom to attribute it). I am a Christian, but I am also into Buddhism, (I mean a philosophy that says all of life is suffering must have some wisdom to it). Anyway, I am trying to be more Zen about life. I am not in control. You are not in control. The more I try to control, the worse my life seems to get. I am just trying to relinquish the reigns and let God or the Universe take over. I am trying to be more mindful and present and live in the moment. 

See, the thing about time is that it is relative. And it seems to me that the older I get, the faster it goes. I know my kids are getting bigger. I have to enjoy every moment of their childhoods that I can because they are more than half way through them, and one is an adult! I spent so much time as a mother worrying - about bills, about houses, about keeping up with the obnoxious Jones. I am done doing that. I am going to try to instead count the blessings that I have in front of me and show gratitude for them. This though is sometimes hard. But as Glennon Doyle says, "We can do hard things."

So if you are feeling anxious about the start of the school year, the economy, the politics, etc. try to let that go. Remember we are not in charge. God provides. Just let her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment