Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Radical Love

 So it took me a decade to earn my doctorate. During that time, I also raised one toddler and had two more pregnancies and infants. I got divorced (70 percent of female PhDs do sadly), rehabbed and sold two 100 year old houses, lost my father, defended a beast of a disseration study,  helped my ex recover from a triple bypass after a heartattack, and survived just a brutal custody battle. So I got a little burned out and haven't been writing. But I am back now. I love to write, but I just needed a minute. 

So I have made a deal with myself that I have to write a blog post at least one a week for the next calendar year. I have recently sent off some articles, so that is going to equally be of importance, but the main idea of this is I just have to write. I don't care what I am writing. I am most happy and balanced in my life when I write. 

Today, I am writing about the need for radical love for this nation. I am asking anyone reading this - that means you - to embrace this concept that what America, and the entire globe for that matter, needs right now more than anything is radical love. Love thy neighbor, even if it is hard. Sometimes I know it is very hard. But we have all endured a very difficult few years with COVID, the economy, isolation, the war, the gas prices, and the political divide. We are a mess. We are all lonely. A million Americans have died. Many are isolated. We don't need any more social media or any media dividing us. It is time to come from a place of love. 

See the older I get, the more I truly believe everyone is doing the best that they can. Do we make mistakes? Heck yes. I am queen of mistakes and typos and it all. But I can tell you, that just like everyone else, I really am trying to do the best that I can all of the time. Sometimes that best is not the best. I mean I have survived a lot of trauma as of late, but I still am trying. We all are. 

So instead of seeing your fellow Americans or any global citizen for that matter as your opposition and enemy, it is time for radical love. 

Radically love them, even if they are so different than you. Because in the end, they really are not that different than you. We are all human beings doing the best that we can. We are all enduring this pandemic, this economy, and this tortuous political divide. 

So stop with the hate. It is getting us nowhere. Give love a try. I don't mean to sound cliche, but it really is the only way. It is the only way to heal this nation and world. Let love rule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment