Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 25, 2022

70x7

So I am in another situation where I am having to find the inner strength to forgive someone for hurting me. 

This is when I turn to my faith. We are taught that God forgives us for our sins. I hope so. No one is perfect. We all have times in our life when we ourselves need forgiveness. 

My Godmother taught me a Bible passage: 

Matthew 18:21-23

The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant

21 Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” 22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times.

23 “Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants.

So, I will work on forgiving this person. It is freeing to do so.  It is healing to do so. People makes mistakes. I just need the strength to actually forgive him now. I keep praying for the Holy Spirit to guide me on this journey. Things take time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment