Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 17, 2023

GIRLCRUSH:Can I grow up to be Glennon Doyle?

My all time recovery superstar though is Glennon Doyle. I was introduced to her by my best friend Alissa during Covid-19 through a book club via Zoom full of very cool ladies. We read some great books including I Know Where the Crawdad Sings (thats a joke I know the real title. If you have to explain a jok it's not funny any more - just a literary joke about Paul Laurence Dunbar,) and Untamed. EVERY FEMALE, WELL EVERYONE, NEEDS TO READ UNTAMED!!!!!!

In researching Doyle, I found that there is this industry for writing called "Quit Lit," which says much about our era. Well to me at least, Doyle is queen of that genre. And I will be her humble servant.  Doyle is so brave; she writes about her substance abuse, eating disorder, and sexuality openly without shame. I will proudly write in this vein too. I will write for my two nephews and countless former students who were casualties in this Opioid War. I do live in Dayton, Ohio, on the frontlines, where they have to sometimes rent trailers for morgues because  the brick and mortar ones are full; we have lost far too many people to this War. 

I will write for all of the younger people in my life. Don't drink and don't do drugs. 

That don't drink one is harder for me too. I get it. But at least, for this one day at a time, don't do it. Don't pick it up. Then before you know that one day has turned into 36!   Yay me!!!! WE CAN DO HARD THINGS!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment